Thursday, May 27, 2010

Clean Everything


 How many of you out there ENJOY cleaning? 

Love it so much you can't wait for another opportunity to clean...to dust...to launder? 

If you do, we probably aren't friends. 

If you do and we ARE friends? Well, you should probably keep your secret? A secret.

Because I? HATE it. All of it. I don't like vacuuming. I don't like dusting. I REALLY don't like dishes. And laundry. And really? the list goes on. and on.

But I do it. Pretty often. Why? Because it makes my house pleasing. Pleasing to others. And pleasing to myself. Even when we manage to KEEP the house clean (yah right!) there are still things that will NEED to be cleaned! Dusting. Vacuuming. Those are just things that will need to be done EVEN IF YOUR HOUSE looks clean.

And with this home-visit coming up?? *shudders*. I really REALLY want my house to be pleasing to our social worker. I want it to look like it's safe and clean for children. And I really want it to meet the requirements of the study! So I clean. And I keep cleaning. Until I am sure no windowsill is left un-dusted, no towel left un-laundered.

Today? I got to thinking...

Our hearts are much like our houses. Cleaning isn't any fun. It's no fun to check the deep crevices of our lives for dirt and grime. Unforgiveness. Bitterness. Rejection. Anger.  BUT? When we do it. Our "house" becomes pleasing to God. It becomes a safe and acceptable place for his presence to dwell. A place that "meets the requirements". A place that can be peaceful and MUCH MORE EASILY MAINTAINED!
I know that when my house AND my heart are clean. I am so much more peaceful. content. trusting. loving. and open. All things I wish I had more of in my life...

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me." 
Psalm 51:10

And I mean it, God! I really mean it!!

So while I am taking this time to clean my house, I encourage you to use this as an opportunity to check your hearts. Because the only way God can live there? Is if it's a clean. 

And I know? I want a clean heart AND a clean house!


'Til everything's clean,
Ashley

1 comments:

Rene' said...

great post, but I almost left this comment on the NEXT post, because your comments are at the top of the post, before u have ever read the post-grrr. so if that happens in the future with me, you'll know why, ha ha

Post a Comment