Monday, January 30, 2012

Completely Random.

I have been notified that I haven't blogged in some time.

But I am still in the valley of "nothing nice to say".

So, instead, I will succumb to the pressure and fill in the "random things you never thought you needed to know" blanks about my life! =)

Special shout-out to Erica for tagging me!

11 Random Facts about Me:

1.  I hate feet. All feet.  I don't like touching them, talking about them, looking at them. They simply gross me out.  In fact..even writing this made me gag a little..... So, there you have it.

2.  I have an E-X-T-R-E-M-E sweet tooth. I could eat my weight in Jelly Bellys. I will always choose candy or ice cream over those annoying nutrients.

3.  I can rap the books of the Bible. I annually pull this one out at youth camp, much to the chagrin of all the campers. That'll teach you to steal my megaphone suckas. Here listen to me rap the Bible, circa 1993, Baaybeee!

4. I can also sing all the states and capitals. I learned this my Jr. year of high school in U.S. History (shout-out Mrs M!) and never forgot them.  Oh, yes..I can. ;-)

5.  I am [slightly] competitive. There may-- or may not-- have been an incident where a young child was pushed down in a competitve game at a youth camp where I was a team leader. But there was no proof and I was later exonerated.

6.  We are serious Football people in this house. Anytime someone mentions a son of mine playing any sport besides football, I get this weird taste in my mouth and The Husband starts tearing up a little.  It's that serious.   And more specifically, we are Razorback Football fans.  Generally we don't watch much pro-ball (except in the rare occassion that we watch to see a Hogs Alum doing well) but we do love our Hogs!

7.  Turquoise is my favorite color...but if you asked me face to face, I might waffle around a bit. Sometimes I think Kelly Green is my favorite. But it's not.

8.  I love costume earrings. I wear earrings with everything and the longer, the better. This started when I worked at a retail store in college. I walked in (t-shirt and jeans) to a store full of classy gals, who quickly took me under their wings and forced me to pluck my eyebrows, wear make-up and "forcryingoutloud put on pants that you don't have to cinch up at the waist!"  It was almost exactly like a Lifetime special I once saw....

9.   I will do ANYTHING to avoid housework. I have even considered getting a second-job to pay someone to come do it for me. Some people love it. And I totally see why, I too love a clean house...I just don't like having to be the one that cleans it. Especially dishes and laundry.  Every year for my birthday I ask for money to do the fluff and fold service to catch up on all my dirty laundry. That is the only time each year when I am completely caught up.

I'm okay with that.

10.   I am really frugal with money. We buy almost everything second-hand and upcycle anywhere possible.  And apparently there has even been talk of interventions...usually after friends come to visit me and when planning our time together the words "hit up all the Goodwill locations" come up. =)

11.  I read alot. Many times late late into the evening and (if a book is good enough) early morning hours too. I am especially a big fan of Ted Dekker and Jodi Picoult.

Now to answer Erica's questions:
[Disclaimer: Since most of my friends have already done this, I am forgoing to send it on.  I know, I know..It goes against the very fabric of the system. but I'm grown. I can do what I want. =) ]



1. If there was one place you could travel to, what would it be Right now?? Africa. Specifically Ethiopia. And Definitely with a photo album full of the newest love of my life.  But outside of that? Israel. I have always wanted to (and will someday) do a Holy Land tour...and maybe even follow Paul's journeys through Rome... Wouldn't that be so cool?


2. Name 3 things from your "bucket list".
1. Learn Italian (heh)
2. Go to the Oprah show (null and void now)
3. Go Skydiving
4. Visit every continent


3. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you want to have with you?
1.  An airplane with enough fuel to get home...I kid, I kid....
1.  My Kindle (stocked with enough books to last a while...and maybe Rosetta Stone for Italian {see above})
2.  That Guy from Man vs. Wild..you know, the one that teaches you how to hydrate with your own urine?
3.  A gun (because Lord knows if I have to whittle a weapon to kill my food, I will most certainly starve to death)
4.   Is it wrong to want all the people I love to have to be stranded on a desert island with me? It is, probably....Scratch that.  Sunscreen.
5.  A radio device to call for help.

4. If you could have a housekeeper, a personal chef, or a personal trainer, which would you choose? 
Housekeeper for sure. 100 million%.

5. What was your favorite Christmas gift you received this year? 
A tablet from my husband. He gave it to me early when we thought we'd be traveling halfway around the world but it's really turned out to be way more awesome than I thought it would!


6. What is your favorite book? 
Oooh....Just one?  Cancelling out all book sets and such, I would have to say "Choosing to See" by Marybeth Chapman. I seriously sobbed through the whole thing.


7. What would your dream job be?  
I don't know exactly what it would look like, but I know it would be changing the world for the Kingdom in whatever capacity I could.


8. What is one thing in your life that you regret?  
I regret times in my life when my own insecurity caused me to want more to "blend in" than stand up for people...or principles. I regret thinking that who people thought I was at 17 was the most important thing in life and letting it cause me to say/do the wrong thing. I regret that it took me so long to be comfortable with who I am and that because of that people got hurt.


9. What is the farthest place you've ever traveled to?
Brazzaville Congo.


10. Who is your favorite famous person? 
Ronald Reagan


11. What is your #1 beauty secret/tip? 
Coconut Oil. It will change your life.



So, there it is. Everything you never thought you even wanted to know.. Just taking up valuable space in your memory now. You're welcome.

Happy Monday Friends.....

1 comments:

Erica said...

I love it! :) You are so cool :)

Post a Comment