Friday, January 6, 2012

5 Things On My Mind

1. Affection. People will tell you that I am not a touchy-feely kind of gal. I don't randomly hug people (unless urged by the Holy Spirit), touch has never been my love language...It's just not who I am. I don't like people to comfort me by touching me and hugging me and rubbing my back. I would rather be given the autonomy to keep my composure.

Sure it sounds incredibly callis. But it is who I am.

Unless.

Unless, we're talking about kids. Then I become the blob of love and hugs and holding hands and rubbing backs.  I love how much my friend Mrs. Clover's kiddos love me (and they rarely see me so I can only imagine how much they love people they can actually recognize!).  I asked Meshack (not his real name) one day if he would let me hold him when he got bigger. He said "of course".  Well..what about when your 12?  Oh...umm, no, not when I'm 12.  Oh, okay I guess...what about when you're 11?   Yah, sure, you can hold me when I'm 11.

I was holding him on my side and he was resting his head on my shoulder.

I am certain that he won't let me hold him like that when he's eleven.

But I like that he lets me hold him like that when he's four.

Little Smith might be four.

I don't want to miss out on the affectionate, "hold-me" phase of childhood.

I will most certainly want to hold Little Smith when he/she is 11.  But LS probably won't let me.

So it's nice to know that LS might let me at four.

2.  It's only been warm enough to paint on days I am at work...except for last weekend when I didn't get out of my pajamas and pretended it was too cold so that I could lay on the couch and watch mindless hours of star trek  tv instead.

I have a big project I want to finish so that I can show it off for everyone to "ooh" and "aahh" over.

But it needs paint.

Which I can't do this weekend because apparently it's going to be remotely like winter?
What?!?  In January!?!

Ok, I concede. I will be far less nervous about Global Warming when it snows.

But I also need to paint. 

So torn....

3. The HOGS are playing in the Cotton Bowl tonight.   Woooooo Pig Sooooiiieeee!

4.  TOMS still isn't offering brown wedges anymore. Has the world gone mad and revolted against simple brown? Am I living in some twilight world where brown wedges don't exist?

It's getting ridiculous. I get on the website everyday in hopes that they will bring back the camel wedges I desperately wanted pre-Christmas, thus leading me to ask for them for Christmas, only to get money and find the shoes had disappeared.

Not cool Toms.  And, why do the wedges all  have to be peep-toes? I can't wear them in the winter that way!

Once again, not cool Toms!

5.  Moses is quite the character lately. I will leave you with a video made this morning of him enjoying his new ball. We start Puppy School is two weeks. Which is about how long I have before he's big enough to take over my home....
Happy Friday!

1 comments:

Randee said...

Thoughts..
1- I'm probably still going to hug you when I see you. Short hug =)

2- Totally get the painting dilema. I procrastinate on "big" projects a ton but am always happy when they are done and wonder why it took me so long to start...

3- Yup- my boss is going to the game tonight! Should be a good one.

4- Sorry friend!

5- I think the countdown to puppy school is hilarious! The tables may be turned in a few weeks (you laughing at my puppy adventures) but for now, I'll enjoy my one, good, trained, good dog and try and forget I'm getting myself a hoodlum in 3 weeks =)

Randee

Post a Comment