Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today.

Today would have been our court date for Cupcake.

I'm not especially sad, today (no more than the usual anyways). In fact, most of my emotional energy is wrapped up in convincing The Husband to let me get a puppy.

Like this one:



Or this one:



I already have several names picked out:

Geordi LaForge (Yes, we did in fact just finish watching the entire Star Trek NG series)

Franky S. (for those baby blues)

Ronald

Brutus.

Marvel.

and Finnick.


See?

I have a lot on my mind these days....

Any ideas for helping The Husband to understand the depths of my puppy-fever would be greatly appreciated.

But as I take a break from Puppy-love land, I have a few special prayer requests as we mark this now-ordinary day:

*  Please pray for Cupcake's family. That God's favor in their lives would be always evident. That they would have the means to provide for her and that they would be healthy and happy.

* Pray for their continued reunification and transition. As difficult as adoption is, reunification has it's own list of hardships (And I doubt seriously that they have access to Dr. Purvis's stuff). We believe that God heals and restores and in this family, our prayers are that that restoration happens quickly and easily for Cupcake.

* Pray for us as we move forward. That there would be no hurdles to jump or red-tape to get through in bringing home the child we are called to. That God would continue to prepare our hearts to give as forcefully and relentlessly to this child as we did for Cupcake. That our prayers would be fervent on Little Smith's behalf and that we would have renewed confidence and peace as we move forward.

Getting another referral will undoubtedly be *different* this time. But I don't want my experiences in Cupcake's journey to hinder my willingness to love completely and wholeheartedly as we await our next child's referral and the process attached to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second puppy look curiously like a French Bulldog! I vote for the name Finnick =) Good luck on convincing the husband. If you need some help "selling" the Frenchie breed let me know, I know "someone" that might be of some use.

Still praying for you as you move forward!

Randee

Ashley said...

Awww, such cute little puppies! Here's hoping your hubby will break down and get you one for Christmas! =)
Still praying for you!

Cheryll said...

Prayers are with Cupcake.

As for the puppy, just tell him it will help with your baby fever and by the time your human baby comes home, your furbaby will already be adjusted. :D

Post a Comment