Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Motionless.


Sometimes it feels like life is speeding past and leaving me motionless in it's dust.

It's as if life is a train and I am just not quite fast enough to jump on board...I give it everything I have. And still...It's speeds off without me.

Don't get me wrong, I would never wish for anyone else to be standing where I am, watching as life gently caresses others down their path with little resistence.

It's just that?

I wouldn't have wished it for me, either.


You see, I strongly disagree with the philosophy that God never gives us more than we can handle.

I think He does.

And on purpose, even.


It's in these places of facing insurmountable mountains?

It's these times of deep pain and sorrow?

It's in the seasons of being certain you can't possibly survive another hit?



That we become overwhelmingly desperate for His presense.

That we truly begin to rely on Him for the basic Will to go on.

It's here? That He has the room to grow us into a deeper relationship and is able to reveal to us things that our own carnal abilities have somehow kept us blind to...


No. I don't buy into that "He'll never give you more than you can handle" nonsense...


But I am certain about this:

He will never give me more than HE can handle.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been sharing "Sean's Toast" today, so I'll share it with you to remind you of the blessings in the circle of life. "To family & friends; past, present & future!" If we are lucky, we have people we love in all 3 eras & know there are more to come. To you & yours!

Post a Comment