Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just a glimpse...

I may---or may not---have already started making nursery stuff. Yes. BEFORE I have a referral. Which means that, either I will be patting myself on the back for "working ahead" or kicking myself because now I have to start over with the other gender's design.

But, along with all that "working ahead" I have come across some UH-mazing ideas that I intend to incorporate in the room once I actually CAN start doing things.

What?

How's grad. school coming along?

I don't want to talk about that right now (although I will say I ONLY have 9 more weeks). Because there is nothing I enjoy more than procrastinating homework and instead working on crafts.

I have always been this way.

In college, I used to hand-sew throw pillows for my friends for this VERY reason.

But I digress.
************************************************************
So back to Baby Smith's humble abode.

I have been on a mission for MONTHS trying to find a good replacement for the traditional book shelves.

1,  I don't like having to L-bracket everything to my walls and I already have plenty of things that will have to be.

2. I LOVED book racks, but primary colors weren't really "my thing" for this.

3. I wanted Baby Smith to have access to books, being able to see the fronts (and thus, the pictures) and be able to pick out (and put back) the books he or she chooses.
Enter this beaut.  I found her blog-hopping. And I love it! I am going to do four high-- a little bit shorter in length than these-- in coordinating fabrics to the room theme. It's super easy, already attached to the wall (thus relieving that "can they pull this down on themselves?" fear), and if I so choose, I can simply change out the fabrics later.

Genius.

I want to make this tomorrow. But I can't. Even though it's beautiful. And colorful. And easy. But trust me, when I DO get the time/ability/referral needed to make this, it's gonna be AWESOME! And it might even be the first glimpse into Baby Smith's name 

(for those of you thinking I am gonna slip, you're wrong, friends. WRONG!)

If anyone out there is interested in this kind of crazy  craftiness. This blog. is amazing. I love her. I think we'd be great friends =)

I bought this rocking chair for $20 on craigslist. I wanted something "different" and "unique". I have big BIG plans for this puppy. Back and seat cushions...Arm pads with pockets.... All coordinating with the room decor. Because Coordination is my middle name.

Okay, that's actually a lie.

My middle name is Louise.

Yes. For real.

So, there's your glimpse. I also have a cool wall silhouette I am considering buying/painting. 
But that's just a teaser, I am not gonna show you that just yet! 

=)


*Ashley Lou*

5 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

My grandmother had that exact chair when I was little! I can't wait to see it when its finished!

*Ashley Lou* said...

I loved it's elegance and unique look! I hope it turns out the way I am envisioning it =)

Ashley said...

Love all your stuff! You're so creative! And I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping my names a secret!

Ashley said...

By the way, I nominated you for an award over at my blog!

Christie said...

I LOVE the fabric book hangings!! Maybe Baby DuFran will have some of those too!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see all of your finished projects!

Post a Comment