Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another Great Link!

     Sometimes, I run across blog posts that I just can't help but want to pass along. This was one of those posts. Being married to a worship leader. Being a young couple pursuing God together and dreaming of a place where our children are not only gripped by the presence of God but are RUINED by him, we find our struggles to "fit in" can cause great grief  in our lives. It's no person's fault. We just have a yearning in us that can't be suppressed. We NEED more of God. We recognize, not only the requirement of our own responses to Him, but also of the critical necessity of corporate response.
    In a time when I feel like a stranger in a foreign land. A fish out of water. A man without a home? Messages like this renew my resolve that God would not place a vision that He does not intend to bring forth. And I am reminded? That is is better to fail for the sake of a cause that will ultimately succeed than to succeed for a cause that is destined to fail!



Friday, January 29, 2010     Do what you say!

I was watching some "Christian" tv the other night and they were singing some worship song that is pretty familiar to just about everyone (thank you Time Life!).  The band sounded great and the worship leader was singing his heart out but when they showed a shot of the crowd the response was disappointing.  At some point I will talk about the strength of corporate worship but what got my attention was not that nothing corporately seemed to be happening but that there was no response from the congregation at all.  I guess I  take that back.  There was something corporately happening ~ NOTHING! They were singing songs that talked about shouting, singing, bowing, lifting hands and they were doing none of it!

It reminded me of the scripture in Ezekiel 33:30, 30 "Son of man, your people are whispering behind your back. They talk about you in their houses and whisper about you at the doors, saying, 'Come on, let's have some fun! Let's go hear the prophet tell us what the LORD is saying! 31So they come pretending to be sincere and sit before you listening. But they have no intention of doing what I tell them. They express love with their mouths, but their hearts seek only after money. 32
You are very entertaining to them, like someone who sings love songs with a beautiful voice or plays fine music on an instrument. They hear what you say, but they don't do it." How many Worship Leaders and Pastors are having this very same thing happen to them every week?  I do not get the feeling that God was happy that they at least "showed up" to church.  He was expecting some response.  He is looking for people who do what they say. 

Our worship songs are full of responses toward God but do we just speak them or do we do them?  Would you be able to get away treating your spouse the same way you treat God?  For example, when you come home from a long day and your spouse comes to hug, do you say, "Honey can you hug me in about twenty minutes?  You can not expect me to be at work all day and then jump right into being with you the minute I walk in the door.  Give me a chance to get acclimated to your presence"?  Do you tell your spouse, "I know you want me to show you I love you outwardly but it is not my personality, just know that even though I don't show it on the outside I am showing I love in my heart"?  Do you tell your spouse, "I can't wait to be with you tonight", and then the whole time you are with them you are looking at your watch wishing you were somewhere else or even worse with someone else?  Real relationships would not survive the abuse most people on their relationship with God.


Remember, GOD IS REAL so worship Him like He is!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment