Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

There have been a couple days where I struggled to find something specifically going on that I was "thankful" for...and immediately, I would be brought to repentence:

"We rejoice [Give Thanks] in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  I Thessalonians 5:18

I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but...


I'm not perfect.

And sometimes, I need to be reminded that I have So. Much. to be thankful for...

Even on days when work stinks and I wish I was anywhere else.

Even when my house is filthy and balancing the checkbook gives me ulcers.

Even when nothing seems to be going in my favor.

I should still be Thankful.

Because I have been redeemed.

I have been given salvation and eternal life.

And it doesn't matter how bad things get here.......Because my rewards are in Christ.

He IS my hope everlasting.

So, here is what I am thankful for today:

*  My cat, Oliver. He pretty much adores me. It's nice to come home to that =)

*  New connections who have a heart for helping adoptive families

*  Netflix (specifically, Star Trek: The Next Generation right now)

*  Fall television premiers

*  Fall. Just in general.

*  Cooler temperatures (see above)

*  Saturdays with nothing planned

*  Opportunities for new friendships

*  Spicy Taco Soup

*  Upcoming trips with wonderful friends


How about you? What are you Thankful for this Thursday??

0 comments:

Post a Comment