"We rejoice [Give Thanks] in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4
"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18
I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but...
I'm not perfect.
And sometimes, I need to be reminded that I have So. Much. to be thankful for...
Even on days when work stinks and I wish I was anywhere else.
Even when my house is filthy and balancing the checkbook gives me ulcers.
Even when nothing seems to be going in my favor.
I should still be Thankful.
Because I have been redeemed.
I have been given salvation and eternal life.
And it doesn't matter how bad things get here.......Because my rewards are in Christ.
He IS my hope everlasting.
So, here is what I am thankful for today:
* My cat, Oliver. He pretty much adores me. It's nice to come home to that =)
* New connections who have a heart for helping adoptive families
* Netflix (specifically, Star Trek: The Next Generation right now)
* Fall television premiers
* Fall. Just in general.
* Cooler temperatures (see above)
* Saturdays with nothing planned
* Opportunities for new friendships
* Spicy Taco Soup
* Upcoming trips with wonderful friends
How about you? What are you Thankful for this Thursday??