Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.   Psalm 7:17


I find that I can typically find something to be thankful for everyday...but it's nice every now and then to force myself to really examine my life and see where I can truly be thankful to God each day.

And today:


1. I am thankful that --thanks to Lil' Tank visiting us-- I caught my Whooping Cough pretty early. This bacterial sickness can get pretty nasty and, while mine hasn't been a walk in the park, I know I am blessed to have such a minor case.

I am usually slow to head to the Dr. but with a kiddo around, I wanted to get this nipped in the bud. In a normal situation, it would have gotten much worse before I made an appt!

2. I am thankful that the weather is cooling off and reminding us that Fall is right around the corner....September is one of my favorite months for a couple of reasons:
                            * College Football
                            * Less humidity (yay for frizzy-less hair!)
                            * Cooler temeratures
                            * Open-windows
                            * Long walks
                            * Outdoor grilling
                            * The changing of the colors

I know each season has something to love and be grateful for but March and September are by far my favorite months of the year and I am especially thankful when these months appear


Lil' Tank and I made a Fall wreath to celebrate the season!

3.  That my friend Randee (and her husband Trace, of course) are going to be able to attend Empowered to Connect with us! I love being able to share adoption with such great people!

P.S. She just wrote a great post about their journey waiting so far. I highly recommend you check it out!

4.  The African Fellowship gathering The Husband and I are attending Friday at church. It makes me giddy and nervous just thinking about it!! I am super excited!  I pray this is a connection that stays close in our lives as we bring Cupcake home and  and that it eases her brave transition into this new world!

5.  Old friends. I rarely get to spend much time with friends when we travel to our childhood home...but even a few minutes here and there is nice and I am thankful that they make time for us and love us and are cheering us on in this roller-coaster journey of international adoption!

6. Natural hair care websites...I know, I know...I've already said it..but Seriously.  Knowing that my daughter deserves the very best and knowing that I want to be the one meeting those needs can make a gal quite nervous when it comes to hair care...Specifically....hair styles.

But after a month (ahem, 4 weeks and 3 days) of searching online, perusing blogs and websites, watching youtube videos, reading posts. and learning, learning, learning...I am far more confident today than I have been so far. Bring on the cornrows and double-stranded twists!! =)

7. I am also excited about making my practice board this weekend. I still really want an mannequin head (anyone out there have any connections?) but the ones online are TOO expensive for my blood...So yarn it is, for now =)

8.  Crockpot Girls. I know it's going to be hard for some of ya'll to believe...but I? Am crock-pot illiterate. Besides the usual beef stew and queso, I just have No. Idea. what to use my crockpot for. Now, don't get me wrong...I don't aspire to be as cool as they are. It's just nice to see some easy "throw it all in" recipes that make life easier =)

9.  Pinterest. Enough said.

10.  The prayers going up on behalf of our sweet girl and our process to bring her home. We are grateful for the support and prayers of so many people. We don't deserve it, we know that. And we are constantly thankful  and humbled that God would bless us with so many wonderful people anyways!

Now, what are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Crock pot girls is a life saver for me!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for amazing lemon pepper chicken and spicy baked smores made to perfection.

The Husband

Post a Comment