But I'm not.
I am just one small person, recognizing that in the midst of chaos? We must choose thankfulness.
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" I Thess. 5:18
So here is what I am thankful for today:
* Pictures of my Sweet Girl
* Pre-cut chiffon (and in animal print, nonetheless!)
* Christmas decorations
No, I am not with the crowd that thinks we start decorating stores for Christmas too early. I rejoice at the first whiff of cinammon and the first glimmer of pre-lit trees. I wait for-- nay LONG for--Christmas all year long!
* The Power of Prayer. Even though God has never foresaken my prayers, I still stand in amazement when He responds to them
* Referrals. After a long long LONG 8 months with NO (nada, zero, zilch) movement, 5 --FIVE-- families saw their sweet new childrens faces in August. Praise the Lord!
* Steve Martin's bluegrass concert. Two favorite parts are Here and Here (I'm sorry. Athiest Ain't Got No Songs is Just. Funny. Stuff.)
* Cherry Coke Zero. Seriously, how long has this existed and me not known about it?!?!?!
* All Things Girly (Pettiskirt tutorials, cupcake fabric, canopies, flower hair accessories, dolls, pink, etc...).
We were so CERTAIN that we would be referred a 4 year old boy...we had never specified a desire for anything of the sort but with the natural progression of things, it just seemed so obvious to us.
But I am SO thankful to God for surprising me with our Sweet Girl. I had no idea how much I would love getting our world ready for her =)
The Husband is also jumping on the All Things Girly bandwagon... recently I found BOTH The Princess and the Frog AND Tangled on our Netflix list. Wonder how those got there????? =)
* The Joy of trying to explain to my almost-five-year old nephew that it was "okay" for me to turn Right on Red.
"BUT RED MEANS STOP!!! AND YOU HAVE TO STOP UNTIL IT TURNS GREEN. BECAUSE GREEN MEANS GO"
Oh my, child.
* That, after taking the above-mentioned nephew to Church last night, he proceeded to tell his mom that we took him to the Jesus Music Place.
You know? The place where you sing songs to Jesus.
*Insert big goofy grin here*
* The Power of Prayer. I know I already said this one. But it deserves an encore. I really am eternally grateful that the King of the Universe hears the cries of my heart and responds quickly in power and might.
What about you?
What are you thankful for today?