Friday, March 4, 2011

5 fun things...

My weekends (and let's be honest---weekdays) have been full of blah work and even blah-er research, data analysis and lean six sigma process maps.

I don't care who you are. These things are NOT fun.

So, this weekend, my mission is to try to throw in as many "fun" things as I can around the overwhelming blah.

1.  Breakfast with Randee (that could be a song from the 80's). I love getting to see Randee! We are very different, and yet very similar. I am growing to love and appreciate our differences as much as I do the similarities that made us friends in the first place...namely: adoption.

2. I am making Lemon Noodle  Bake tomorrow night. And no one's gonna change my mind about it! P.S. I love the Pioneer Woman, let's just get that out in the open. There!! Don't we all feel better now?

3.  I am also going to make Grasshopper Pie. Which means a trip to the liquor store. Where the years of "no-drinking" guilt coupled with my unusually young appearance make me a interesting suspect for sure... Have I ever told ya'll about my guilt ridden trip to buy beer for my Turkey Chili? No?? It's hilariously embarrassing. I had "I'm gonna get caught" written all over my face, haha!! I am better now. This recipe calls for creme de cacao and creme de menthe. I'm not sure how to pronounce them but I know they mean "chocolate" and "mint" so it's all good!!

4.  I am going to start my graduation skirt. I decided a while ago that I wanted to make my graduation outfit (what with all the sewing I do now) and I found an awesome pinwheel skirt tutorial I love. Proof that I wasn't making up my love for tutorials! Anyways, I am really gunnin' to get started on it, and so I will measure and cut this weekend! In related news, this skirt does call for a zipper....which is one of the sewing tasks that I have avoided like the plague. I have watched grown women collapse sobbing in the zipper section. It's do or die out there, folks. So I will let you know when I get to that point so you can all pray for me. I expect all-night vigils!

5. I am going to enjoy the fact that this is a "non-grocery-shopping-weekend" and bask in the  no-trips-to-walmart goodness!

Happy Friday!!

P.S. Don't forget about our 24 hour fast today. We are praying and fasting hardcore for those who are desperately trying to bring their little ones home soon! You can join in!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Well...as I am eating my lunch and catching up on blogs I guess I can't do the fast! =) But do know that I'm praying for you and every other couple out there waiting for their babies! Enjoy your weekend!

Post a Comment