Friday, February 25, 2011

{Show Us Your Life...and your stuff}

Today, over at Kelly's Korner, the topic is all about stuff you make! 

I starting thinking...How could I....

a self-respecting, adoption-fundraising, fabric-endulging, waiting momma....

possibly forgo the opportunity to showcase some of my most favorite creations (all in the name of bringing home Baby Smith) for ya'll to browse through and order??

I couldn't. 

It just wouldn't be right, ya'll!

For those of you who don't know, we are currently "expecting" our first little guy or gal, all the way from Ethiopia, sometime this year soon... hopefully... {please God, please!}..If you want, you can read all about our adoption journey [so far] here.

We were almost 10 months into the process before I remembered how much I enjoyed sewing (don't judge me) and lugged out my old (and now retired) sewing machine to get started creatin' away. I started with these cutie-pie little bib and hat sets:

(word to the wise, click on the pics to see them completely..Unfortunately my blog face cuts off the last pic)

2 bib set/ bib-cap set $12 each.  Click on the picture to see the last photo completely









and it wasn't long before my passion for all things "unique-baby" morphed into something more like this:

Shirts and onesies for kiddos $10 each. Click on the picture to see the last photo completely








and this:

Shirts and onesies for kiddos are $10 each. Click on the picture to see the last photo completely








and before long, friends were suggesting I do things like this:

Flowers are $5 each. Don't mind the model, she was puffy that day. and the lighting was bad. and she had had too much caffeine.....













and then I decided that bundling items together (like this) was perfect for showers and baby-gifts:
2 piece gift set (bib/flower-cap, bib/burp cloth, flower-cap, burp cloth) $12 each. Winter caps $10 each. Click on the picture to see the last photo completely










And now I have creations that range from:

Monogrammed onesies and shirts: $10 each (plus shipping)













3-piece gift-set $18 each
















4 piece gift-sets $28 each


















to...
$5 flower clips
My personal favorites: Africa tees $10 for kids/ $12 for adults
 and last but not least...the "original":
Tie onesies and shirts $10 each.
Feel free to email me at www.smithfamilyjourney@gmail.com for more information on ordering! 

Thank you for checking out our adoption fundraiser, "Journey of Love"














2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay- love your stuff! I'll post a link from my blog as well! =)

*Ashley Lou* said...

Aww!! Thanks Ashley!

Post a Comment