Monday, December 17, 2012

New Lessons.

I can remember walking through the early lessons of patience like it was yesterday.

I remember the torment of endless waiting.

The helplessness of no control.

The pain of learning to trust Him completely.


And I can remember the heartache of pursuit.

Losing the dream of having a child--we'd grown to love--ever be ours in the flesh

Asking ourselves if we could handle it if the Unthinkable happened again.

Learning that even though This wasn't about us--He?  was always For us.

Determining to pursue despite heartache and grief.

So many lessons learned. So many thorns along the path that led to such a beautiful reward.

Pain that taught me empathy.  Heartache that brought me to surrender.  Waiting that made me patient.


But, I'm a smart gal.

I knew that even with all those lessons... I certainly hadn't *arrived* yet.

And I knew that despite all my brilliant understanding of the costs of choosing this journey again?

God wasn't through teaching me.

His lessons are rarely easy.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things unseen"  Hebrew 11:1

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us" Romans 8:16-18

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ JesusPhilippians 4:6-7

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows" Luke 12:6-7


If I truly believe that God has directed our steps, then my lesson today is to learn how to have faith in Him to carry us to the finish line.

He is not concerned about the things that concerns man. Money is no deterrent to God's plans.

He hasn't forgotten us. He hasn't left us.


He is in control.







0 comments:

Post a Comment