Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time.

Sometimes, I like to go back and read old posts...Thankfully, I have been doing this long enough that there are one I forgot I had even written. It's not that I think I am an amazing author or inspiring wordsmith (although, I did just use the word "wordsmith" which is impressive to say the least...)   I just know that I often pray for God to remind me. Remind me of how much He loves me. of the fact that we are not alone in this journey. And, yes, even of His sacrifice....As humans? We just. forget. sometimes.

So tonight's "re-post" comes from before our adoption journey. before graduation was within an arm's reach. It comes from a time when I was reminding myself to love and savor time. Boy, did I need that now. In the agony of waiting, I just keep asking God to speed time up. I almost salivate when I think about "April". 

 But, maybe? God wants me to remember that time won't ever ask my permission, and that I may regret it if I don't care for this time I have today. So, whether it's for me, or the whole world out there....remember this:

"MAKE time for the people who are important, for the relationships you want cultivated, and for those things that matter most. Don't rush the times that seem menial and small, you will regret not savoring them when they are gone. And, don't expect time to ever ask permission. Just love the time you have. Love God, love your family, love your friends, forgive those who have hurt you, ask for forgiveness from the ones you have hurt and beat time at its own game, by living life to the fullest."


Remembering to appreciate what I have,
*Ashley Lou*

0 comments:

Post a Comment