Saturday, November 20, 2010

500,000 Things On My Mind

1. I was recently abducted by aliens. After my pleas of "But you don't understand...we are ON the waiting list now", they agreed to my release conditional on one thing. That I promise not to blog for 20 days.

Which I successfully completed.

Oops.

2.  The Husband's "music" room subsequently became the multi-purpose room after my decision to start sewing projects to sell for the adoption.

And then simply because the "sewing" room once I actually had to start filling orders.

By the way, Thank you SO much to all of you who have supported this fundraiser...both with your prayers AND your purchases. Our family is forever humbled by and grateful for your compassionate hearts. I will name my first child after you ;-)

3. Speaking of orders. I am inundated with them. So much so, that--in order to be done by the holiday weekend--I actually have to take time off work to finish all of them PTL!!

4. My nephew is currently throwing a grade-A fit right now about naptime in our NE hotel room. I get it, K-dog, change is hard.....

5. We were able to take the whole NE family to an Ethiopian restaurant for lunch and it was a HUGE hit! I think we were both pleasantly surprised by how much they liked it all and were so willing to try it!

6.  I got 3 hours of sleep last night.

7.  I got to see Wicked last night. It is now my SECOND favorite Broadway musical, second only to the Lion King. Move over Sound of Music (but don't cry--you still have the number 1 MOVIE musical spot) because you've just been had.

8. I feel like I need to re-watch the Wizard of Oz now. I have so many questions.

9. I am in the process of starting an Orphan Care ministry with a friend of mine. It's a big deal. We can't wait to unveil!

10. But unveiling is a while away, alas.

11. I wish I got naptime. K-dog? You hear me? I wish I got NAPTIME, you ungrateful booger!!!!

12.  I have a running tradition with a friend of mine to brave the Black Friday storm. It's progressively gotten more serious. Last year, we hit up "Midnight Madness" and this year are creating lists. We have become the people we hate most in this world. Next thing you know, I will be tripping people over a Tickle-Me Elmo.

13. Please don't ever buy my children anything Elmo related. I would like to avoid number 12.

14.  My friends and family threatened my kneecaps if I didn't blog. I love that you cared so much about my ramblings, but have since hired a bodyguard to protect my kneecaps just in case those weren't empty threats.

15.  I feel pretty helpless stuck here in NE. I can't sew or do homework or decorate my home for Christmas. All things that are pressing and urgent.

16.  I am too tired, however, to write anything of any real importance.

499,999. Baby Ruth, Please consider forgoing Midnight Madness. It is difficult to get a pedicure when we are finished if finished is 4:30 in the morning.

500,000. Plus, Only crazy people shop at midnight. Not well-educated, stable, pedicure-loving people like you and I......Also, I hate midnight.

The end.

1 comments:

Randee said...

Glad you are back to blogging! You make me laugh :)

Post a Comment