Thursday, November 19, 2009

Re-Post for a GOOD Cause!

This is a post from an adoptive family I follow. They have adopted several older "waiting" children from Ethiopia, and with that comes a lot of adjustments that you rarely face with babies. Most of these children remember their homeland, and even members of their family. What a great opportunity, if you can, to be a part of helping a little girl trust in God's ability to make the impossible, possible! If you want to donate or buy raffle tickets for the beautiful quilt, just follow this link to


The Desire of Honeybee's Heart

(dimensions: 69" x 55")

Honeybee has a dream. She wants to travel to Ethiopia to visit her grandmother and help bring one of her special friends home from AHOPE. She has been talking about this for the past few weeks, and despite the fact that we don't have the means to purchase a plane ticket for her, she believes that God does. Her faith and hope are so great and I want to believe with her.


Last week I spoke with a friend who just brought two daughters home from AHOPE. These two girls arrived at AHOPE shortly after Honeybee did and they grew up together. When I told their mother about Honeybee's desire to travel to Ethiopia with my friend, Signe, she immediately offered to send me a quilt her sister designed and made, and suggested I raffle it off on my blog. So here I am...a little hesitant, but Honeybee is full of faith that this quilt will help her make her way to Ethiopia.

I had hoped to travel with Honeybee and Signe, but after discussing it with Dimples' and Eby's therapist, I have come to the sad realization that I cannot go. For now, Deborah feels that I should not be gone for more than three days at a time. This is very hard for me, but one of my best friends, Michele, is going to go in my place and be Honeybee's special companion.

You can win this beautiful quilt and help fulfill Honeybee's dream:

~Entering is easy! Just make a donation via the "Chip-In" button on the top right of my blog. You are automatically entered for the drawing. I will track your entries via the email address provided at the time of your donation.

~Every $5 donation earns one entry. Every $20 earns 5 entries!

~The winner will be randomly drawn on December 18, 2009 and announced here.

~The Winner must contact me within 10 days and provide a mailing address. I will ship the quilt after Christmas, unless the winner requests that it be shipped on Dec. 19th.

~If you blog, FaceBook, or Twitter, about this event, leave me a comment at any time during the event and I will give you an extra entry.

~Please leave a comment or email me if you have any questions or problems donating.

~This is a simple raffle to support my daughter in her desire to travel to Ethiopia. If we do not raise enough for her to go, the money will be donated to From HIV to Home. To be ultra-careful, I reserve the right to make any changes necessary to this raffle!

~Today, November 19, is Early Bird Extra Entry Day!! To thank you for your help in kicking this event off, I am doubling entries for anyone who donates today!

Below is a photo showing some detail of the quilt.



~Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment