Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful for laughter, until milk comes out of my nose...

I wasn't gonna do this...in fact I truly avoid those cliche things that people do...including Farmville on Facebook...ahem, you all know who you are. That said, I just really wanted to take inventory and remind myself of all the amazing things I have to be thankful for. I would never be able to capture EVERYTHING, so let's just call this the "10 things Ashley is thankful for right now". These are in no such order, mainly because I am thinking as I write....


1. My amazing husband (I know, I know...totally cliche..but for real). We have been married a little over 4 years and I honestly love him more today than I did then. He is supportive, loving, thoughtful, and strong. He is constantly amazing me with the awesome things he does as worship leader (including restoring our prayer room complete with a prayer wall) and I am truly blessed to go through life with him.


2. My dog, Norman. I really love that dog. I can be in the worst of ways; tired, angry, stressed and Norman just loves completely. I wish I loved that way. I can be so mean to him, beating him (only when he does something wrong), and screaming at him...and the next time I come by, his tail is just wagging and he acts like I am the greatest person in the world.


3. My job. A few of you may know, I struggled in the last year and a half with loving what I do....but God is majorly faithful because around this time last year, I got my current position as a Corporate Education Liaison with St. Gregory's University and I have been SOOOO happy! I really love what I do. I am making a difference in people's lives, the team I work with is amazing, and the schedule isn't bad either! Truly something to be thankful for!


4. Free Grad School. Well almost free and I certainly pay with time and investment...but really, it's a chance of a lifetime to get my Masters with very little out of pocket costs!


5. Facebook. I have re-connected with so many friends in the past few years over facebook and I have to admit, I have a good time stalking all of your pictures on there too =)


6. Friends with healthy habits. I don't usually follow their advice but it's inspirational nonetheless =)


7. Festivals. Probably the best part of living in the Tulsa metro is all the festivals. Peach, BBQ, Tabbouleh, Chili, Wine, Art, and the list goes on and on!! We are kind of junkies, but it's just  a great way to spend a Saturday and I am thankful for all the festivals I get to go to! =)


8.  Front-loading, large-capacity washers and dryers. Actually I don't have this yet, but I imagine I WOULD be thankful if I had one...It feels that way looking in =)


9.  Friendships. Old and new. I am thankful for people who are courageous, strong, wise, forgiving, and who totally believe that God can do anything. That's important even if you don't struggle with it...Surrounding yourself with people who love and have faith strengthens your own love and faith!


10. Jesus. Even if he never did anything else for me, it's already enough to be worth my whole life and then some! I am so thankful for my salvation. his renewing mercies, and never ending grace. God is always good!


So there it is, the top 10 things I am thankful for right now (bottle caps ALMOST made the list). Of course I am always thankful for my family, my health, and my stability. Let this be a reminder for everyone, don't wait until a holiday to take stock of what you have to be thankful for in life...It may surprise you, that you have more to be thankful for than you ever even realized!


Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey you! Loved the list! Hope I'm one of the friends with healthy habits that you "at least find inspirational" hee hee...but even more, I hope I'm one of the ones who "totally believe God can do anything". Love ya! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rene' said...

Great List. I'm like nodding my head at each one thinking "yeah, me too", especially about the dog, but I was remembering Alexus yet again. Gosh I miss her! I'm crying again now-ugh! Saw our old house in Vegas this weekend, and all I could do was think of her. Funny little puppy who was so small she could crawl out of the backyard fence, but didn't run anywhere except straight to the front door to scratch at it to be let in! :) so sweet. anyway, great post!

Post a Comment