Friday, October 7, 2011

{Candid} Thoughts.

It's difficult to explain how it feels when people partner with you to help bring a child home. Every $5 puzzle piece purchase touches my heart so much. We are blessed, indeed. And we still have a long Long way to go.

I can't really explain the struggle that we (like many other families) have in asking for help. We have saved (and saved. and saved) for some time to have most of the money needed in the process to bring our daughter home. We don't have extras. We drive old cars. We don't live extravagantly. We tithe and support outreaches in our church.

And yet, in the end, we still needed help. We still don't have enough.

I couldn't help but (in my prideful nature) ask God why?

Why is it that even with all we have done, it's not enough to bring her home?

Why do we have to swallow our pride and ask others to partner with us? (what if they don't want to)

Why can't we just look like we have it all together on our own?

I mean....God would still get the glory, right? We try to live our lives in a way that God always gets the glory. So, there's no loss there.

Right?

"If you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give-- large or small-- will be used to measure what is given back to you".        Luke 6:38

"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them".  Hebrew 6:10

“I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these (offerings) I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you".   1 Chron. 29:17




I understand these verses completely when I am honored to give and partner with other ministries, familes, and missionaries. 
(It's just harder to see it that way on the other side)

I recognize that I may not be able to go with them. That I can't single-handedly end the orphan crisis. That I can't "run" the ministries doing great things on my own.

Not only am I not qualified.

That's just not how God intended it.

Our lives are intertwined. Our success in transforming our world, our Children's world, is connected to our ability to support each other. To give. To support. To pray.

And, then?  When I am forced to step back from my pride and let God show me more...I can clearly see that He COULD very easily plant an Adoption Money Tree in our backyard.
Oh, how the people would marvel...

But He won't.

Because He has already chosen His vessel.

Us.

You and me.

Working together to make our world a better place. A place that shines God's light. A world where God is given the glory. Because we said Yes.  You may have said "Yes" to something different. But we all know what it's like to say "Yes" to God.

For us? It was  adoption. When God asked us to bring children into our loving family the same way God brought us into his. We simply said "Yes"

And, because we said yes? He will make a way.

It may not be the easy, pride-protecting, Adoption Money Tree way.

But, I wouldn't trade the joy of having people join with us and support us on this journey for that tree...

I'll take "community" over "pride" any day.


If you would like to join with us, please go to our Fundraiser Post for more information!

0 comments:

Post a Comment