Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today



Shopping for fabric for Cupcake's room today, a nice woman asked me what I was making:

Me: "Oh, I'm using this fabric (shows sample) as the main theme in my daughter's room...and looking for these designs (points to fabric) to coordinate"

Woman:  "Well, the fabric is beautiful. How old is your daughter"

Me: "She's three"

Woman: "Perfect! She's gonna love it!"


Things I didn't mention:

1. I have never actually met my daughter.

2. She's halfway around the world in an orphanage right now.

3. Her room will probably be ready for her months before she sets foot on U.S. soil.



1 comments:

asiaelizabeth said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. I feel inspired by it and your faith. I pray you will be united your daughter soon! http://www.dollslikeme.com This is a great website for dolls and toys for non white kids. It has some beautiful dolls that have the beautiful black kinky hair and huge doe eyes. Were beginning the process of applying to adopt a biracial baby and I found this website and knew I had to share.

All the best!
Asia Lowe

Post a Comment