Monday, July 6, 2009

Let Freedom Ring




Well another Monday has come along and ruined my wonderful weekend. And, this weekend, was in fact wonderful. I was so blessed to get to reconnect with old friends, spend quality time with not-so-old friends and celebrate the independence of my country complete with BBQ and fireworks all in one weekend. It really was splendid. I was so excited to meet my friend Ruth's darling little girl and see how conscious Ruth is not to let her become a wimp like her mommy (ha ha) and she is definitely NOT one..She is fearless and just the cutest little this this side of AR (my nephews live there so I suppose I am biased) Anyways, if I were to be easily swayed, she would make me want kids :-)....Don't worry though, I'm not.

In other news, we have a lot of great activities planned for the youth coming up in the next couple of weeks including a car wash, camp, a barbeque and a float trip. I think come fall, I am going to take a break from planning so many activities...especially with my Masters starting then. I just don't think I can do it all! Not to mention the unappreciation I feel at times. I really have to pray through those emotions because its hard sometimes not to allow myself to become angry and bitter. Parents are most of the time, the worst. They want their kids to have plenty of stuff to be involved with and do all summer but don't recognize that we have to sacrifice a lot to make that happen. They just don't think its a big deal to just not bring their kids to stuff. Well, when you have youth leaders who work full-time jobs outside of the church and have many other obligations to tend to, its a real slap in the face to see that even the parents are willing to walk all over you. It hurts, but I know this is only for a season and I trust that in the bigger canvas God is painting, its all for a reason.

I have added a classy picture of my nephew Isaac to this post for everyone's enjoyment. He has really become a Poppa's boy (my mom's husband Steven) and just loves the freedom that comes with Nana and Poppa...Its so cute! I wish I saw him more often but hopefully he knows who I am anyways....

To all out there, be proud of our country. Of those who fought and those who died, so that each year on July 4th, we can celebrate that we are indeed Free. I love this country. I am so proud to be an American and I am proud of the Americans who serve our country so I can say these things without fear of punishment. God Bless America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment