Friday, February 15, 2013

Letters to My Child & The Open Letter Campaign

Today I am linking up with The Open Letter Campaign.
Check it out to read more open letters!
Open Letter Campaign


Dearest Child of Mine,

When I think about our journey to bringing you home, it stands in such strange contrast to your brother's that I am often left speechless.

With Marvel, so much of our journey was about waiting. About patience. About trusting God to bring His promises to light.

And then, with you...it's been such a whirlwind that I too-easily get caught off-guard by every next step.

I mean, don't get me wrong...God still has many lessons to teach me. Still about trusting Him and Still about being faithful in the Pursuit...but also about Faith. And about Miracles. And about Surprises.

So many times in our lives we become such experts at execution that we can forget who is *really* taking care of it all.

We execute {perfectly} the morning routines...
We execute {perfectly} our tasks throughout the day...
We execute {perfectly} the evening and bedtime routines. ..

And we find comfort in the *knowing* of what to expect.


But my God? Is a God of beautiful surprises.

And that is exactly what you were.

From the moment we laid eyes on you.

From that first inkling that God was about to ask us to do what we never imagined we'd do.

From the first time I fell asleep dreaming of the way you perfectly fit in my arms.

You were God's beautiful surprise.


So, while I may still try to pretend I have it all figured out and while I might still attempt to execute perfectly...

I will always remember that God began this whole new thing....with a beautiful surprise.


You, my sweet one... are God's wonderful* exciting* joyful* exhuberant* Beautiful* Surprise.


Longing to bring you home,

Mommy.







3 comments:

Randee said...

Beautiful. Way to start my morning with teary eyes =) Seriously though, very excited to about your "Beautiful Surprise"!

Unknown said...

oh my -- this sounds just like our journey to Arsema!! For Mareto there was so much waiting and aching and hoping and persevering. She was just a huge surprise and a delightful one at that!! It was a whirlwind to bring her home and amazing to see God work it all out perfectly! :) Praying for you and your sweetie today -- hoping you're together very soon!!! Thanks for joining in today!!!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful letter! While we thought we were waiting for a daughter from India, God surprised us with a boy! Good thing we love surprises!

Post a Comment