Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Claire the kitty-cat

I promise to post about our trip and the adoption process from here on out, soon....


But today?


I wanted to pay homage to my friend, Claire.

Claire came into my life at the ripe 'ol age of 6 weeks.

I was 12.

Or maybe 13.

She lived a long life, full of happiness and love.


This Saturday, we had to make the difficult decision not to let Claire suffer and we let her go.


Moses and Oliver (our other fur-kids) have been grieving in their own ways. 


Moses is clingy and needy. Whimpering over nothing. Barking. If we weren't giving grace, I would describe him as Super Annoying since we got home.


Oliver hasn't come out from under the bed except to sleep with me. I've taken to pushing a bowl of food under the bed for him. I think he's taking it worse...but they are just dealing with it in their own ways.


We will miss Claire, but we are thankful to have had her in our lives for so long and we know she didn't suffer, which comforts us.

Rest in Peace, Claire-bear.
1996-2012

3 comments:

Krisa said...

I know it's difficult to say good-bye to a much loved pet. Here's a hug from Virginia...

Ashley said...

So sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

oh, so sorry to hear of your loss :(
Rene'

Post a Comment