Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lights and Overpasses {Part I}

Growing up in a small town as a kid, there were always two things that thrilled me about The City.

The lights and the overpasses.

I can remember being fast asleep and having my parents wake me up as we drove into big cities, so I could admire the approaching brightness.

The interesting thing? is that I wasn't afraid of the vastness of the big cities. I wasn't afraid of the buildings. Or the people. Or ever the cars flying by....

Because of the light.

That's the thing about light. 

It dispels darkness. It turns scary uncertain unknowns into exciting worlds full of anticipation.

As Christians, I think we sometimes  we get so caught up in the situations that we forget about the beauty of The Light.

John 8:12 says; When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

He is The Light. 

He is the twinkling that changes uncertainty and fear into anticipation and excitement.

He is the brightness that dispels the darkness and the fears that you can't see what's ahead.

He is the illumination that gives us hope. That gives us a future.

And many times, it is almost too easy to look at the world around us and be intimidated by the unknowns. Be afraid of the uncertainties. Be unsure of what steps to take.

But, the next time you are traveling into that vast unknown? Don't focus on what you can't see. 

Instead?

Just look at The Light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment